It’s no secret that online gambling is legal in many countries. However, it is the fastest-growing industry on the Internet. Online gambling has become more popular than online pornography. Online gambling generates $12 billion annually. About half of this amount is generated in the United States. Some analysts believe that this number will more than double by 2010. What is the secret to this industry’s incredible success? From a psychological perspective, it’s straightforward. People love the thrill of spending little to win a lot. It is similar to the lottery in that it involves the purchase of hope. This means the possibility of taking a few dollars and turning it into a large amount of money.
Surprisingly, Internet gambling marketing campaigns are almost exclusively targeted at men. Advertisements and banners almost exclusively feature beautiful, thinly-clad young women or poker players smoking cigars at tables. Online gambling targets a young, college-educated males between 30-40 years old. Playboy even has an online casino that is exclusively targeted at males. Online gambling is almost solely directed at male gamblers. Two research studies, one by Peter D. Hart Research Associates, Inc. (2006) and one by Luntz, Manlansky Strategic Research (2006), found that the proportion of brick-and-mortar gamblers and women was almost equal. The American Gaming Association published both the Luntz, Manlansky Strategic Research (2006) study. Virtual gambling was a different story. 68% of the population studied was made up of men, leaving 32% for women.
The question is, what’s the difference between these two forms of gambling? Could it be shortsighted, targeted advertising to male audiences? Could it be that the figures are distorted by online poker, a traditionally male pastime? This phenomenon is causing a lot of confusion. One online casino company has decided to go beyond the norm and focus exclusively on the female market.
Cameo Casino is the first and only international online casino designed specifically for women by Casino Partners. Casino Partners released an April 2006 press release stating that at least half of online gamers are women. This was a new fact not yet acknowledged by the industry. Advertising and promotions always have focused on male-dominated themes and were designed for the “average Joe.”Cameo Casino offers over 80 award-winning games, fast downloads, fast payouts, huge jackpots, and better odds than Vegas.
Cameo Casino believes that women deserve a safe gaming environment. Cameo Casino was created with today’s woman mind in mind. Cameo Casino is a top-rated gaming venue on the network, thanks to its user-friendly and cutting-edge software and efficient payouts. Casino Partners is well-known because of its high-quality online casinos like Casino Tropez and Casino Del Rio.
Cameo Casino is a five-star casino that offers refined elegance and five-star service. It also has an exceptionally generous Comp Points Program and lavish welcome bonuses when compared with industry standards. Cameo Casino was a delightful gaming experience for me as a woman. While this is only a meager step towards increasing visibility for women online, I hope Cameo Casino’s success will awaken the marketing industry to the fact there is a large market for women online gamblers. We login. We play. And we deserve a bit more attention!